db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Samer Kanjo" <sa...@kanjo.net>
Subject RE: The text that goes with the Derby logo (Was: Derby logo on the web site)
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 02:31:36 GMT
I liked the positioning of the original tagline. The new tagline seems to
far away from "Apache Derby".

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean T. Anderson [mailto:jta@bristowhill.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 5:55 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: The text that goes with the Derby logo (Was: Derby logo on the web
site)

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321023/derby_with_text.jpg

> can't be used as is because of the use of "Java". Dan Debrunner and
> Craig Russell voiced the strongest concerns about nailing down the text
> as well as the look of the text.

Roger changed the subline from "Pure Java Database" to "Open Source
Database":

old:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321023/derby_with_text.jpg
new:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321532/masthead_derby2.png

Does anybody disagree with his choice of new wording? If so, what do you
suggest?

Does anybody disagree with the overall look (fonts) used for the text?
If so, what do you suggest?

If I hear nothing by this Friday, Jan 20, I'll assume this is good to go
as is and will ask Roger to create the finals in various sizes. And,
Roger, thanks again for all your work on this!

  -jean