db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Danny" <danny.gallag...@gainergroup.com>
Subject running ij from the command line
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:16:59 GMT
I am trying to capture the output of a very large number of inserts
(120,000) records.  I need the output to go to a file.

I cannot seem to get the command right:

If I use:
java -cp derby.jar;derbytools.jar
-Djdbc.drivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
org.apache.derby.tools.ij < fullbanks.sql > out.txt

* the jars, sql and txt files all reside in the directory that I run
  this command from.

I get:
ij version 10.0
ij> IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
ij> IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
ij> IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
ij> IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
ij> IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
ij> IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
ij> IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
ij> IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
ij> IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
etc....

the first two lines in fullbanks.sql are:
connect 'jdbc:derby:C:/DerbyDB/wiredb;user=wireapp;password=ddddd';
AUTOCOMMIT ON;

but they don't seem to get executed or something?

If I instead use:
java -cp derby.jar;derbytools.jar
-Djdbc.drivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
org.apache.derby.tools.ij

I get into ij and then the connect command works.
However, I don't think I can capture the output once I am already in ij.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Danny Gallagher
The Gainer Group
6525 The Corners Parkway