db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Duhee Lee" <duhee....@kdtrading.com>
Subject How do I relocate the log directory or make no logs written?
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 06:35:55 GMT
Hi,

Relocating 'derby.log' and temp directory are quite easy since those can
be configured through java system properties.
However, handling 'log' directory is not easy to me.
I'd like to make 'log' directory not updated under database directory.
Meaning that I want to either relocate the log directory to different
place without altering 'service.properties' or make no logs written. My
application only do 'select' and no transactions. So, I called
'setReadOnly(true) on connection but it still update files in log
directory.
Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Duhee