On Dec 21, 2005, at 7:57 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

We voted for more than just the one version of the logo with the text. In any event, that specific logo is great for the Derby documentation, but it's too wide for web site display. The screen shot at http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321496/web-preview-20dec05-2.png doesn't show what it looks like when you expand/reduce the browser window. The image displayed on the web site needs to be more narrow.

I realize this isn't the best solution, but couldn't we put the current logo in a fixed <div> as-is? And maybe swap the Derby and DB logos. Yes, that means one of them flows off screen while the rest of the website fits in the window width. But I wanted to point it out as another possible option.

I just attached a version of the logo with the logo text at the current size, but rearranged to make it more narrow: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321510/derby-logo-move.jpg

I can also resize and adjust this text however you like, and I think it keeps more to the spirit of Roger's original submission to retain the typeface and use of bold text. I could make this prettier by reducing the size somewhat and right aligning the text, but I thought I would run this first version by you to see if that was sufficient, and to get your feedback on using a fixed <div> for the logos on the page (with either logo.)

andrew