db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Geert Bevin <gbe...@uwyn.com>
Subject Re: How to select top n record
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:49:05 GMT
Hi Legolas,

afaik Derby has no SQL statement for this, you can use JDBC to get the
same effect though through the statement.setFetchSize(limit) and
statement.setMaxRows(max_rows) methods.

However, since you're a RIFE user, you can just use our Select query
builder and use the limit and offset methods there. RIFE will handle
all this for you in the background transparently:
http://rifers.org/docs/api/com/uwyn/rife/database/queries/Select.html#limit(int)

Best regards,

Geert

--
Geert Bevin                       Uwyn bvba
"Use what you need"               Avenue de Scailmont 34

PGP Fingerprint : 4E21 6399 CD9E A384 6619  719A C8F4 D40D 309F D6A9
Public PGP key  : available at servers pgp.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net