db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Henrik Johansson" <hen...@vocab.se>
Subject SV: [VOTE] Apache Derby logo
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:58:54 GMT

I agree, i had no idea it was a hat before this vote
i must confess. I am not a native english speaker but
i consider my english well above average in this vast group.

4. [x]

/ Henrik

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Lars Clausen [mailto:lc@statsbiblioteket.dk]
Skickat: den 7 december 2005 09:53
Till: Derby Discussion
Ämne: Re: [VOTE] Apache Derby logo

On fre, 2005-12-02 at 22:54, David W. Van Couvering wrote:
> This is a vote for choosing a logo for Apache Derby.

Since an informal survey of all my coworkers indicate that *none* know
that Derby is a kind of hat, and there's too many hat references around
anyway, I'll have to vote for

> 4. [x]

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12320873/DerbyLogo_text.jpg

I know I'm tilting at windmills here, but I like the way #4 shows that
Derby is "The way Apache writes stuff down".

-Lars