db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incorporating the new derby logo into the web site
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 04:42:26 GMT

On Dec 21, 2005, at 7:57 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> We voted for more than just the one version of the logo with the
> text. In any event, that specific logo is great for the Derby
> documentation, but it's too wide for web site display. The screen
> shot at http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321496/
> web-preview-20dec05-2.png doesn't show what it looks like when you
> expand/reduce the browser window. The image displayed on the web
> site needs to be more narrow.

I realize this isn't the best solution, but couldn't we put the
current logo in a fixed <div> as-is? And maybe swap the Derby and DB
logos. Yes, that means one of them flows off screen while the rest of
the website fits in the window width. But I wanted to point it out as
another possible option.

I just attached a version of the logo with the logo text at the
current size, but rearranged to make it more narrow: http://
issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321510/derby-logo-move.jpg

I can also resize and adjust this text however you like, and I think
it keeps more to the spirit of Roger's original submission to retain
the typeface and use of bold text. I could make this prettier by
reducing the size somewhat and right aligning the text, but I thought
I would run this first version by you to see if that was sufficient,
and to get your feedback on using a fixed <div> for the logos on the
page (with either logo.)

andrew