db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Winslow, Eric - BLS" <Winslow.E...@bls.gov>
Subject Feedback for derby-tomcat 5.5 embedded demo
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:29:34 GMT

I just ran through the 'Embedding Apache Derby in Tomcat and creating an
iBATIS JPetStore Demo' at
and ran into some issues that might need to be addressed.

I did this on Windows XP with Java 1.5_06 and Tomcat 5.5.14

I ran into issues with the paths given at a couple of points.

1. When deploying the app in the manager interface I needed to use the
full path to the XML config file and the WAR; e.g.,
c:\apache-tomcat-5.5.14\work\file.xml. Otherwise the deployment failed
with a file not found exception.

2. When running the app iBatis ran into issues with finding the
database. Again, server.xml the URL to the database needed to be fully

Maybe this is just a Windows issue. My catalina_home environmental var
is defined. I have not had a chance to go through in on Linux/Unix.

Eric M. Winslow

View raw message