db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Winslow, Eric - BLS" <Winslow.E...@bls.gov>
Subject Feedback for derby-tomcat 5.5 embedded demo
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:29:34 GMT
Hello.

I just ran through the 'Embedding Apache Derby in Tomcat and creating an
iBATIS JPetStore Demo' at
http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/DerbyTomcat5512JPetStor.html
and ran into some issues that might need to be addressed.

I did this on Windows XP with Java 1.5_06 and Tomcat 5.5.14

I ran into issues with the paths given at a couple of points.

1. When deploying the app in the manager interface I needed to use the
full path to the XML config file and the WAR; e.g.,
c:\apache-tomcat-5.5.14\work\file.xml. Otherwise the deployment failed
with a file not found exception.

2. When running the app iBatis ran into issues with finding the
database. Again, server.xml the URL to the database needed to be fully
specified:
jdbc:derby:c:\apache-tomcat-5.5.14\Databases\JPetStoreDB

Maybe this is just a Windows issue. My catalina_home environmental var
is defined. I have not had a chance to go through in on Linux/Unix.

Thanks.

Eric M. Winslow