db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rich Hall <de...@opxn.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Derby logo
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 00:38:30 GMT

On Dec 3, 2005, at 11:08 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> My vote is for 10. Nice, clean, Escher-esque in the sense of not
> quite possible but visually interesting.
>
> Craig

Maybe I'm wrong, but #10 looks more like a fedora than a derby, which
might violate a Red Hat trademark. A derby has a distinct rigidity,
making it flat across the bottom, with a narrow brim rounded slightly
up all around, optionally higher on left and right than front and
back. Fedoras are less rigid. If #10 were more obviously a derby/
bowler, I'd vote for it.

To see the differences...
http://www.villagehatshop.com/mens_fur_felt_wool_classics.html
http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/page/H/CTGY/derby_bowler_hats