db-derby-user mailing list archives

From James Pannozzi <jimse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: single file database?
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:50:02 GMT
Thanks for mentioning SQLite!

Very impressive.

Between databases such as Derby and packages such as
SQLite, there is no longer any need for medium sized
companies (or even bigger ones) to spend hundreds of thousands
of dollars on Oracle or MS SqL.

Another major development is that Linux desktops are just
about ready to invade and conquer a realm that up to
now has been pretty much firmly under the control of
Microsoft.   Check out Suse Linux 10.0, it is very very
impressive.   I hope to switch over much of my development
work to it soon, including, of course, Derby.

Jim Pannozzi