db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: apache derby with CDC/JSR 169
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:15:00 GMT
Timothy Luksha (RIT Student) wrote:

> Hi,
> I have been working on setting up a derby database in an embedded
> environment. We have CVM as our java virtual machine and have the
> optional JDBC package installed. I created a little program that uses
> EmbeddedSimpleDataSources to create a database and insert a few entries.
> I am able to run this on my pc with the 1.3 jvm with the JDBC package.
> When I attempt to run the same program on the CVM, I get a null pointer
> error. Is the 10.1.2.1 binary that is available for download built to be
> used with the cdc and jsr 169? The error I receive is below. Any
> insights would be helpful.

Dumb question, do you have the foundation profile included?

And if you could run sysinfo that would be great.

java -classpath derby.jar org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo

This command not only shows the version of Derby, but also shows what
Derby thinks the VM is, (e.g. jdk13,14,142,15 or J2ME/CDC/Foundation).

Dan.