db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Where does Derby create Databases ? is there any default home like mysql ?
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:49:33 GMT
Legolas Woodland wrote:
> Can we put all of this configuration stuff into a properties file ?
> where i can find a sample properties file / where we should put that file ?

You can put many system-wide properties in the derby.properties file;
the Tuning Guide has a helpful introduction:

    http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tuning/ctunsetprop11561.html

The derby.properties file must be in the derby system home directory.
Since the notion of a "system" is key, here's an introduction to that
concept in the Developer's guide:

    http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevdvlp27610.html

The Tuning guide describes the derby properties (both system-wide and
database-wide) here:

    http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tuning/rtunproper32213.html

The Developer's guide mentions the derby.service property, which lets
you automatically boot databases at startup, including databases in
directories outside the derby system home. But I don't find it mentioned
in the Tuning guide. I'll check with derby-dev, then post a followup here.

regards,

  -jean