db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Incorporating the new derby logo into the web site
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 03:28:02 GMT

Susan Cline wrote:

> Here's another option for consideration on our web site.  The font is *fairly* closely
matched with the Apache DB Project Font.

I'm a little lost here, Jean and Susan seem to be proposing new versions
of the logo that we voted on a couple of weeks ago.

Is that the case? Do we have to vote to accept these? Or could they be
seen as variations on a theme and acceptable. [which means, what would
make it different, adding a feather :-)]

Is there some reason for not using the logo with the text that was voted
upon? For legal (trademark) reasons we would need to remove the "Pure
Java Database" tag, but apart from that it is what I thought was voted on.

Jean wrote:

> Unless I hear objections or better suggestions, I'll go ahead and commit this change
to the web site Friday mid day (Pacific time).

Is that just moving the search bar, adding a logo (which?) or both?

Dan.