db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Incorporating the new derby logo into the web site
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:40:53 GMT
Michelle Caisse wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>> Michelle Caisse wrote:
>>
>>> I think it might be best to leave
>>> the page header to Apache DB and use the Derby logo below the header
>>> in place of the text "The Apache Derby Project".
>>
>> So down in the page text itself?
>
> Yes, that's what I was thinking.

Good idea, but it didn't work. Forrest lets you include the image in the
tag controlling that text (i.e., it passes xml validation), but it
excludes the image from the built page.

Also, I understand the ojb table usage you mentioned -- they use forrest
0.6. Derby uses forrest 0.7, which renders pages without using tables.

I liked your suggestion to eliminate the search box (we could include
tips on how to search the derby site in an FAQ), so here's another
attempt using the logo with shorter text (and shrunk a little) and no
search box:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321501/web-preview-20dec05-3.png

  -jean