db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Incorporating the new derby logo into the web site
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:42:19 GMT
Michelle Caisse wrote:
> Too crowded, I'm afraid.  It's going to be hard to make anything look
> good competing with the Apache banner and logo in the same page header.
> I notice that the two other DB projects with logos, OJB and DdlUtils,
> dispense with the search box in the header, which helps some.

Dispensing with the search box is easily done.

> Additionally, OJB puts the two header images (Apache and OJB) in a table
> so that when you decrease the window width the two logos remain on the
> same line. The logo gets cut off with a narrow window, but it prevents
> even uglier things from happening.

I'll look at how ojb did that. derby also uses forrest -- and with the
default set up you don't have good control over exactly what goes where
because the skin is supposed to handle that. I'll look at how ojb did it.

> I think it might be best to leave
> the page header to Apache DB and use the Derby logo below the header in
> place of the text "The Apache Derby Project".

So down in the page text itself?

thanks for the suggestions,

  -jean

> My $.02.
>
> -- Michelle
>
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>>
>>> I uploaded draft images to
>>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-747 .
>>> web-preview-20dec05.png is a partial screen shot that shows