db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Incorporating the new derby logo into the web site
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:32:15 GMT
Too crowded, I'm afraid.  It's going to be hard to make anything look
good competing with the Apache banner and logo in the same page header.
I notice that the two other DB projects with logos, OJB and DdlUtils,
dispense with the search box in the header, which helps some.
Additionally, OJB puts the two header images (Apache and OJB) in a table
so that when you decrease the window width the two logos remain on the
same line. The logo gets cut off with a narrow window, but it prevents
even uglier things from happening.  I think it might be best to leave
the page header to Apache DB and use the Derby logo below the header in
place of the text "The Apache Derby Project".

My $.02.

-- Michelle