db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Question for derby
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:17:03 GMT
Milios Anastasios wrote:
> Hello,
> Can anyone please tell me how to access a derby database from MS-Access
> with an ODBC driver……
> Thank You,
> Anastasios.

Hi, Anastasios,

Derby itself doesn't include ODBC support, so first you would need to
download a driver. Right now the only driver I'm aware of that works
with Derby is one provided by IBM that is available for free download:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0409cline2/

Continuent is developing a new ODBC driver under the Apache license that
I was told might be available in mid-January for beta. More information
is here:

http://carob.continuent.org

Another possibility to consider for moving data around, which doesn't
require ODBC, might be to use Derby's bulk import/export procedures.
They are documented in the Tools and Utilities Guide:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tools/ctoolsimport16245.html .

regards,

regards,

  -jean