db-derby-user mailing list archives

From J.Engl...@bton.ac.uk
Subject Selecting first N rows of a result set
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:46:13 GMT
I know this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to locate
the answer, so can anyone supply me with at least a link to it? I
have a table (currently about 5000 rows, each fairly large) and I
select some or all of those (by default, all of them, and I can then
refine it down), but I display the selected rows in pages of 20 at a
time. It's getting horribly slow now the table has grown, and I
wonder if selecting just 20 rows rather than a result set of 5000
will give me more acceptable performance...

TIA,

  Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
  School of Computing & MIS | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
  University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk