db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Why are classpath databases always read-only ?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:34:13 GMT
I'm not sure how this email thread went off the deep end from a
technical discussion to a personal discussion.

I think it's reasonable for one person to feel that a particular coding
paradigm is "ugly" or not, (I did notice Tom say "IMHO" when he talked
about dynamically creating the URL).  I think one way of gauging whether
a particular solution is optimal is this general sense of "ugly" versus
"elegant".

Let's keep the discussion to arguing the merits of one solution over
another.  I think we all want Derby to succeed, which means not only
having a good product but also a growing community of users and
contributors.  Personal statements like "perhaps you should learn how to
code rather than configure" create discord and will tend to keep people
away from this project.

David