db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: cleaning derby db
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:30:20 GMT
Hello Y.,

You could of course delete the database directory itself, but then you
would have to recreate the database and schema/table definitions afterwards.

Apart from that, I don't know of any other way to delete all records
from the database in Derby than to issue a 'DELETE FROM <table>' for all
tables in the database.

You could try to use the trick described in Jira entry DERBY-268
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-268), where import with
replace is used to delete/ovewrite the existing table.
(The link listed is broken. Please open the reference manual on
http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/ and find the entry for
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE).

I guess you have to choose the approach that suit your needs best based
on your application characteristics.

If you have additional questions, I (or somebody else on the list) will
try to answer them.

--
Kristian