db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Derby logo
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:27:55 GMT
Roger Dudler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for voting for my submission. That's a great result for me. But
> since I saw your posts about the hat and other kinds of things, I have
> to say something to you.
>
> I think the main thing is that I'm actually from Switzerland and my
> english isn't that good and well: Derby ? What's this. So I think most
> people who don't speak english fluent, don't really link this word with
> a special thing like a hat or a horse race event or something other.
>
> So, the goal for the logo would be, that people who look at the skin or
> the logo of derby, can recognize: Ah, that one I know. Ok, they don't
> really care about what the logo is, they only recognize: Ah, I saw this
> one in combination with the word Derby. Mission complete...

I agree with you. After all, what links an elephant with PostgreSql?
(I've got to say that whenever I see an elephant at the zoo now I think
of PostgreSql.)

btw, Roger, I really like the simple, elegant lines in the logo you
produced. Thanks for contributing it.

  -jean

>>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321016/DerbyLogo_Hat_option2.jpg

>>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321017/DerbyLogo_Hat_option3.jpg