db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Roger Dudler <rdud...@iframe.ch>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Derby logo
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:16:03 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for voting for my submission. That's a great result for me. But
since I saw your posts about the hat and other kinds of things, I have
to say something to you.

I think the main thing is that I'm actually from Switzerland and my
english isn't that good and well: Derby ? What's this. So I think most
people who don't speak english fluent, don't really link this word with
a special thing like a hat or a horse race event or something other.

So, the goal for the logo would be, that people who look at the skin or
the logo of derby, can recognize: Ah, that one I know. Ok, they don't
really care about what the logo is, they only recognize: Ah, I saw this
one in combination with the word Derby. Mission complete...

The thing with the contest: Look, this content was launched in Spring
04, it took a couple of month to really start the contest and the full
process has or would take near 1 year. So, why don't you want a
decision? The corporate design of the derby project should be here.
Something should be here. Why spend another half year or full year to
decide for a *little* bit better solution, when there are options here.
Take this time to spread the word and the logo. That's the main thing.

For me it's not important, that my submission won. My goal is to help
the project itself. Maybe with ideas or prototypes or whatever. Take the
things you like and make the best with it.

Greets
Roger