db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derby.war not working
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:06:34 GMT
On 12/12/05, Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:

> I always thought derby.war was only supposed to have the web.xml in it.
>
> The web.xml refers to org.apache.derby.drda.NetServlet
> which lives in derbynet.jar.
> You're supposed to make the derbynet.jar available to the app server's
> classpath - either plop it somewhere where it will automatically be picked
> up, or modify the configuration files to include it from your favorite
> location.

Well, the docs don't state explicitly that you have to manipulate the
server's classpath in order to get it working. And IMHO it misses the
point of war files whose promise is to drop them in and the web app
works. I'd like to have either a complete war or, as it is 3 megs
containing the same libraries, at least a mean to create such war. But
I can make do with adjusting the web app within Tomcat, so its no big
problem.

Tom