db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <mse...@segel.com>
Subject Re: Why are classpath databases always read-only ?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:56:55 GMT
On Saturday 10 December 2005 4:15 pm, Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On 12/10/05, Michael Segel <derby@segel.com> wrote:
> > So, coding is now ugly?
>
> No, it simply should not necessary in this case, configuration would
> suffice. And I would have to code it whenever I want to have this
> functionality, so I would have to come up with solutions for, say,
> Spring, for EJB, for Hibernate, etc. etc. etc.
>
> > Perhaps you should learn how to code rather than configure?
> > Or am I now a dinosaur ;-)
>
> Or perhaps you should learn to be a bit more polite ?
>
> Tom
Polite?

Perhaps if you were more polite in your statement, you would get a more polite
response from me. ;-)

If you thought about it, you would only have to come up with one solution.
How would the solution be different in each of your "scenarios"? Java is Java.
At least at the core of it.

A good software engineer attemtps to understand the problem, its
constraints/boundries, and what tools are available.

But hey, what do I know? ;-)
I always thought that Hacking or Hacks were just a bunch of highly technical
practical jokes. ;-)

-G