db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Fredriksson <andreas.fredriks...@digitalroute.com>
Subject Re: Derby start up problems on linux.
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 09:07:17 GMT
On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 23:57, Michael Segel wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 December 2005 4:46 pm, Susan Cline wrote:
> If you're looking at "localhost", then try the IP address of 127.0.0.1

This is a long shot, but maybe your somehow bitten by the IPv6
preference in the JVM that affects some Linux configurations. We had a
bunch of problems when we upgraded a couple of workstations to Fedora 4.
Socket connect attempts would fail miserably with all kinds of
network-related exceptions.

Adding -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true to the JVM properties solved all
our problems, but we were connection from Java to native programs which
didn't support IPv4, so YMMV.

Regards,
Andreas