Problem was located - Apache config
file wrongly set php ini directory to c:\php
instead of c:\windows.

Please disregard db2_undefined function comments!

Thanks
J. Pannozzi

On 11/5/05, James Pannozzi <jimserac@gmail.com> wrote:
No problem connecting to Derby from C...vial CLI?

PROBLEM WAS FOUND - php ini DIRECTORY was
set to c:\php in apache conf file.
Please disregard db2_ "undefined function"
comments

Well good, then I'm hoping someone could tell me
why I can get PHP to talk to Derby via unified ODBC
but when I try to use functions such as db2_connect,
I get "undefined function".   If I change it to
"odbc_connect" it sees it OK but does not
recognize my table names.

(windows xp, Apache, PHP 5, Derby 10.1)

I've checked my php.ini about 48 times and the
extensions for db2 are there.   I've installed
the IBM DB2 Lite Client and I've even tried copying
the php_db2 dll to c:\windows\system32 but it still
does not recognize any functions begining with "db2_".
I also have the appropriate settings in my apache conf
file.
Could it be that the version of php I installed (from the zip file, not
the installer) does not have support for db2 compiled into it?
How do you tell.

Settings I'm using follow:

>From my php.ini

;extension=php_xmlrpc.dll
;extension=php_xsl.dll
;extension=php_yaz.dll
;extension=php_zip.dll
ibm_db2.instance_name=DB2
ibm_db2.instance_home="C:\Program Files\IBM\Cloudscape_10.1"
extension=php_ibm_db2.dll
extension=php_mysql.dll