db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: SqlException: Run out of sections to use
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:58:03 GMT
Harrus@gmx.de writes:

> Here is the client's stack trace. I have none on the server.
> org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Run out of sections to use,sections
> limited to 32k currently
> 	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SectionManager.getSection(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SectionManager.getDynamicSection(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.flowExecute(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeUpdateX(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
>
> The exception occurs after the insert of ~1600 rows in table a and ~23000
> rows in table b. Each row in table a leads an insert of ~15 rows in table b.
> After 100 rows in table a and therefore ~1500 rows in table b I call
> Connection.commit(). I can query the db after the exception occured and it
> seems that all the commited entries are ok.
> I can compile the derby sources to get a stack trace with line numbers it it
> would help.

It looks to me like you are experiencing a DRDA-related problem (the
communication protocol between the server and the client). But I don't
know what would cause your client to exceed the "Section" limit. In
fact I have no idea what a section is, so I hope one of the DRDA
experts can take a look at your post.

--
dt

However, experience shows that for many people and many applications a
dose of paranoia is reasonable - Bjarne Stroustrup