db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Parsing lockTable dumps
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:14:41 GMT
Lars Clausen <lc@statsbiblioteket.dk> writes:

> Curious.  I am not setting the isolation level programmatically, and
> have no derby.properties file setting it either, so it should be read
> committed.  How do you tell from the table what level we're at?

I'm just guessing. Since there are many shared locks in the lock
table, repeatable read is one possible explanation. A long-running
join is another possible explanation.

> Is there some description of the fields somewhere? It wouldn't be
> that Connection.setAutocommit() can change the isolation level,
> would it?

No, setAutoCommit() does not change the isolation level.

I had another look at your lock table, and since there is only one
transaction waiting for a lock, it can't be a deadlock. There is
probably another transaction that needs a long time to finish.

--
Knut Anders