db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dan Scott <deni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Has anyone tried to write a C app and connect to Derby?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:25:48 GMT
Yep, I've written ODBC and CLI programs that connect to Derby via the
network server.

It's not really odd at all. In fact, that's how PHP, Perl, Python, etc
all connect to Derby -- the corresponding DB2 driver they rely on is
basically a C application. You just approach Derby as a regular
database server that just happens to be written in Java, rather than a
Java application that happens to be a database server.

Dan