db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject DITA Advice?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:40:35 GMT
Hi folks,

I am looking for general advice and opinion on the use of DITA as an
open source project documentation management system. Since Derby uses
DITA I figured Derby community can share some insights, in addition
to what I can find myself on Google. If this a bit off topic, I
apologize in advance.

Some of you may have heard of Cayenne open source ORM. I am
investigating alternatives to replace Cayenne current customized
Anakia-based XML docs. I am totally buying into DITA's idea of topic-
orientation and switching will be a big step forward for us, but my
concerns are mainly about ease of use for developers.

So.. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive (or preferably open source)
DITA content editor? Our experience shows that the need to edit XML
by hand discourages participation.

Also is there a way to integrate DITA with a Wiki-type system? I'd
really love to take documentation out of the CVS and put it on Wiki.
This would be ideal for collaborative docs writing.

I appreciate any insights. Again, sorry for being off-topic.

Thanks

Andrus Adamchik
http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/