db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Submitted new logos
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:04:07 GMT

Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 8:06:22 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> Michael Segel wrote:
>> Hopefully the artwork that some of these logos are based on are in the
>> public domain. If you lifted another's copyrighted work and then modified
>> it, you're on murky ground.

> It's always good to discuss this important issue. One of the reasons
> we're using Jira for logo submission is uploading a file prompts the
> submitter to check a bullet that says "Grant license to ASF for
> inclusion in ASF works (As per the Apache Software Licnese)".

Are all four proposals at
http://www.geocities.com/andrew_kachalo/portfolio/derby/ part of the
contest, or not?

The first comment on DERBY-297 consists of this link, and the site
itself states "this is a demo page derby and it's logo is a property of
Apache organization" (this is the exact quote as I see it on my screen,
so the typos are not mine ;) ).

I can only find one of them (the big feather) on the Jira page itself.
The way I interpret the rules, only this proposal (of the four) is part of
the contest.

--
John