db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Legolas Woodland <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject some questions about porting mysql database to derby database
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:19:53 GMT
some questions about porting mysql database to derby database
Thank you for reading my post
I am porting a database of myself from Mysql to derby. I am converting the
database creation script for now.
I found some of my questions in mailing liast and some are remind which i
ask now.
1-i used smallint instead of bool , is it ok ? as we put value 0 ,1 as true
and false.
2-I used blob instead of LONGBLOB.
3-how i can translate following table as it has forigen Key and combind
primary key items ?
CREATE NEWS_INTEREST (
channelid INTEGER,
userid INTEGER,
PRIMARY KEY (channelid, userid),
FOREIGN KEY (channelid) REFERENCES SB_NEWS_CHANNELS(id) ON DELETE CASCADE,
FOREIGN KEY (userid) REFERENCES SB_USERS(userid) ON DELETE CASCADE
) TYPE=INNODB;

4-as you see in the above , mysql statement are finished with ;
now my question is : what should i use instead of ; ? i tried to use
go;
;
blank
in the end of each create table but it is not correct :(

Tahnk you for help