db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Har...@gmx.de
Subject Re: SqlException: Run out of sections to use
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:12:52 GMT
Here is the client's stack trace. I have none on the server.
org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Run out of sections to use,sections
limited to 32k currently
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SectionManager.getSection(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SectionManager.getDynamicSection(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.flowExecute(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeUpdateX(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)

The exception occurs after the insert of ~1600 rows in table a and ~23000
rows in table b. Each row in table a leads an insert of ~15 rows in table b.
After 100 rows in table a and therefore ~1500 rows in table b I call
Connection.commit(). I can query the db after the exception occured and it
seems that all the commited entries are ok.
I can compile the derby sources to get a stack trace with line numbers it it
would help.

Thanks,
Harrus