db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: MySQL to Derby export
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:57:24 GMT
You can also use "cdataport" Ant task available in Cayenne 1.2. It
can help you with plain tables and data. It does not implement
porting of indexes, stored procedures, triggers and views, but if you
are on MySQL, you are probably free from that "baggage" anyways ;-)

The sequence of steps is roughly the following:

* Get Cayenne 1.2M7 (http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/) - it supports
both MySQL and Derby.
* Fire up CayenneModeler, point it to MySQL and reverse engineer the
schema. Save the mapping file somewhere.
* Create an Ant build file with "cdataport" task pointing to your
mapping file and both databases (see chapter 13.4 of the user guide
bundled with Cayenne for the Ant task details).
* Run it with Ant to transfer the data.

That's it - you should have your data in Derby.

Andrus