db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Questions about Derby logo contest
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:20:59 GMT

Jeffrey Lichtman wrote:
> There was an aborted logo contest earlier this year. What happened to
> the entries? Should they be submitted to the current contest?

It looks like the person submitting needs to resubmit to the JIRA entry
for DERBY-297, and explicitly grant a license to ASF.

I couldn't find any of the old logos, but if folks who contributed
before can submit them again, that would be great!

> Also, what form will the voting take and how will a winner be
> determined? The usual way to run an election is to let every voter pick
> one candidate, and for the winner to be the one that gets the most
> votes. This system can be problematic when there are a lot of candidates
> - it's possible that no candidate will have a majority. We solved this
> in the original logo contest with a run-off election among the top three
> vote-getters (only necessary if no candidate had a simple majority,
> which happened to be the case in that election).

Thanks for your comments.  I will send out a proposed set of rules of
engagement in a separate email.

>                        -        Jeff Lichtman
>                                 swazoo@rcn.com
>                                 Check out Swazoo Koolak's Web Jukebox at
>                                 http://swazoo.com/

View raw message