db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oyvind.Bakk...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: I need advice for Table schema Design.
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:01:52 GMT
Legolas Woodland wrote:
> Hi
> Thank you for reading my post.
> I need your advice for a design/query problem.
> Scenario :
> Imagine that i should design a system which should be able log and
> process view / hit over  banners.
> So , in some portion of time there is a high rate of click / view over
> one banner , this could be fake because web site owner can produce fake
> traffic on his/site to earn more money.

I think this is a rather complex problem to solve, as this kind of fraud
has become more sophisticated. There was a presentation about this at
the VLDB conference this year, I have included links to the paper and
the presentation. Hope that helps a little.

http://www.vldb2005.org/program/paper/tue/p169-metwally.pdf
http://www.vldb2005.org/program/slides/tue/s169-metwally.ppt