db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Legolas Woodland <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject how to count total number of records in each group , when using group by statement.
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:14:24 GMT
Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
is there any way to count total records in each group of records when
using "group by" command ?
for example i need to find how much people log in each hour of a day.
in this case i can use group by to group the record based on hour field
and then use count to find how much people log in in each hour out of 24
:-) .
please tell me if my design is not correct.

BTW :
I get one field for each element of Data time , is it a good design ? i
have these fields for year , Month , Day , Hour , minutes , seconds  .
is it good or i can use a dateTime field and sql let me to access each
element in datetime field ?)