db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Legolas Woodland <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject I need advice for Table schema Design.
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:03:30 GMT
Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
I need your advice for a design/query problem.
Scenario :
Imagine that i should design a system which should be able log and
process view / hit over  banners.
So , in some portion of time there is a high rate of click / view over
one banner , this could be fake because web site owner can produce fake
traffic on his/site to earn more money.
I need to be able to generate a report which contains banners that has
abnormal rate of viewer and or hits.
My solution is :
Select all hits for a banner , group them by time , count each group and
if a group is very big then assume it as a fake.
is it do-able in way that i described ?
if it is not can you pleas tell me some solution ?

Thank you.