db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: any manual or howto to convert mysql database structure to derby
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:15:33 GMT
Michael Segel wrote:
> On the topic of documentation, I'd strongly suggest that the current
> documentation gets a facelift, along with some indexing and enhancements.
> (Sorry, but the reference manual is really a pain to read.) Don't know what
> tools exist, but using a better layout manager, creating an indexed
> postscript manual may make life easier...
>
> Anyone have access to current publishing software?
> Or is there any Opensource doc publishing software available?
>
> If you want to grow derby, fixing things like Derby-47 go a long way, but
> having easy to read and access docs will definitely grease the wheels.

Indeed, the Derby documentation needs improvement. Every Apache project
I know begs for documentation contributors, so I'll take this
opportunity to beg on behalf of Derby.

The list at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY shows there are
many open documentation issues. I would encourage anyone who would like
to contribute documentation improvements to subscribe to the derby-dev
list and participate in the doc discussions there. Doc contributors are
sorely needed and you'll be heartily welcomed.

  -jean