db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bill Robertson <b...@tekbot.com>
Subject Spurious errors using IJ: IJ ERROR: IOException Not enough storage...
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 05:28:54 GMT
I have a new derby database with just a few tables.  Most of them are
empty.  When using IJ, I sometimes receive IOExceptions when entereing
multiple insert statements.  e.g. I copy a bunch of insert statements,
switch to the IJ window and then paste them in.  Sometimes I receive
IOExceptions when I do this.  I doubt the copy/paste part is related but
who knows.

---------------------------------
e.g. (redundant lines eliminated)

ij> INSERT INTO event_code (cd, descr) VALUES ('ST', 'Item added to cart');
IJ ERROR: IOException: Not enough storage is available to process this
command
* 7 more pairs like this *
ij> INSERT INTO event_code (cd, descr) VALUES ('CM', 'Manual Credit Card
Process
 Begin');
* 7 more lines like this *
1 row inserted/updated/deleted
ij> 1 row inserted/updated/deleted
* 6 more lines like this *
ij> INSERT INTO event_code (cd, descr) VALUES ('DC', 'Delivery Confirmed');
1 row inserted/updated/deleted
ij> INSERT INTO event_code (cd, descr) VALUES ('ST', 'Item added to cart');
* 3 more lines like this *
1 row inserted/updated/deleted
ij> 1 row inserted/updated/deleted
* 2 more lines like this *
ij> INSERT INTO event_code (cd, descr) VALUES ('WM', 'Waiting for Money
Order');

1 row inserted/updated/deleted
------------------------------

What is really odd about this is that the first few fail, then the rest
succeed, and then when I reissue the failed ones they're o.k.  There's 8
gig of disk space on this machine.  I had the same problem running on a
different windows machine with 38 gig of free disk space.

Info:

OS:  Windows XP

Derby Version:  10.1 (latest release build)

java -version
java version "1.5.0_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05)

The connection is through the embedded driver.

Poking through various files in the database directory turns up on stack
traces or anything useful.

After setting up the database I changed no parameters.

Searching for this on google didn't up anything that I recognized.

Any help?  Is this common on windows?  Linux?

Thanks.

oh, one other question.

I assume exiting ij with the 'exit' command shuts the database down
properly?

Thanks again.