db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Connect to a 'database in a jar' when using network server
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:04:43 GMT
Hi All,

What is the correct way to connect to a database in a jar using the
client driver. Is this possible currently ?

I tried the following:
1.  created database tdb3, created a jar with the database in it . Jar
file is tdb3.jar
2.  Put tdb3.jar in classpath of network server and started the server.

When I try to connect to database tdb3, using ij , I get
ij version 10.1
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/tdb3';
ERROR 08004: The application server rejected establishment of the
connection.  A
n attempt was made to access a database, tdb3, which was not found.

When I try to use embedded ( and classpath is set to tdb3) , I can of
course connect OK with the url
ij>connect 'jdbc:derby:classpath:tdb3';
ij>

Thanks,