db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: networkserver security manager issue
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:52:35 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> So, I guess the examples do need to be updated.

I logged DERBY-701 .

For anybody searching the archives, the three security policy file
examples in the Developer's Guide are each missing one line, so they
don't work.

Example 1:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/rdevcsecure871406.html

Example 2:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/rdevcsecure871422.html

Example 3:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/rdevcsecure871439.html

Here's a replacement, which worked for me, for example 1:

grant codeBase "file:c:/db-derby-10.1.2.1-bin/lib/derby.jar" {
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "createClassLoader";
    permission java.util.PropertyPermission "derby.*", "read";
    permission java.io.FilePermission "${derby.system.home}","read";
    permission java.io.FilePermission "${derby.system.home}${/}-",
"read,write,delete";
};

  -jean