db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "conglomerate does not exist" error
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:56:26 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> No, I didn't start ij from within eclipse, but rather from the
>
>commandline. And derby.home shouldn't matter when using
>jdbc:derby:classpath, right ?
>

> <>Even more interesting, I simply stopped the web server and
> restartedit without any other changes, and now access to Derby works
> without
> problems, even after additional restarts. So this has to with
> first-time access to the database ?

For using the jdbc:derby:classpath , you need to ensure that the jar
that contains your database is in your classpath. Is it possible that
when you restart the web server - that is when the 'jar that has the
database' is being picked up by the web server and derby is able to use
it ?

http://dbapache.org/derby/docs/10.0/manuals/develop/develop38.html

Sunitha.