db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Question about using URLClassLoader and Derby
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 17:14:30 GMT
Hi, Kathey.  At first glance it looks good to me.  I'm assuming *all*
classes your app needs are available to the from the URL you specify,
because you are not specifying a parent classloader when you create it.
  Also, you'll need to make sure you give the class that runs this code
the permission to load classes (I'm not sure exactly how this is done, I
just know it's an issue).

But I am no classloader guru.  I am forwarding this to folks I know
within Sun who have done a *lot* of work within classloaders as part of
the app server effort.  I'll get back to you with any information I get.

David