db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Unidentified error
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:40:40 GMT
I had some long-running process going over the past few days which was
extremely database intensive (insert intensive, as opposed to query
intensive.)

I got in this morning to find a weird error message which Google
apparently hasn't seen before:

Caused by: SQL Exception: Java exception: 'ASSERT FAILED item is not
kept in release(Cachable):
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.sanity.AssertFailure'.
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java:80)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java:92)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Util.java:210)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(TransactionResourceImpl.java:387)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(TransactionResourceImpl.java:346)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(EmbedConnection.java:1296)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.commit(EmbedConnection.java:866)

Is this serious?  I did about 12 6-hour runs in a row, and it was the
11th which died.  All runs were identical so I suppose this must be an
intermittent problem at best.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll