db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: previous, type_scroll_insensitive, network server
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:04:14 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Which version of Derby are you using? If you are on 10.1 or higher, you
should try to use Derby Client, instead of db2jcc driver. Derby now has
its own network client.
(<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyClientSpec.html">http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyClientSpec.html</a>)<br>
That said, I would expect JCC driver also to work with 10.1 Derby
server. Do you have any errors in your derby.log?&nbsp; I would also set
and run the test again. This would provide more useful info to diagnose
the problem.<br>
Satheesh<br>
Aaron Rothschild wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Hello Mailing List,

we use a type_scroll_insensitive resultset to allow for moving back one
record using a call to [resultSet].previous(). That works fine as long as we
use our database in embedded mode. Once we switch to the network mode with
the db2jcc.jar driver, a heap overflow results. We assume that this is the
result of continuous attempts of the network driver to retrieve resultsets.

Has this been witnessed before? Are there feasible solutions?

(We currently try to *circumvent* the problem by building a new sql query
that makes calls to "previous()" superfluous.)

Regards,
Aaron.

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit
Version: AVK 16.1430 from 05.11.2005