db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Language based ordering is possible in Derby
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:13:31 GMT
those interested in this or any other feature/bug fix but don't have
the ability to implement it (scratch their own itch) themselves may want
to vote for it in JIRA.  The JIRA entry is DERBY-455.

I think this feature could provide a lot of interesting applications
which we have not even thought of, as Dan has shown with native
sort order support.  Even if national sort order is implemented,
having the ability in a single db to provide multiple efficient
user defined sort orders seems interesting.