db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Brad Balmer <bbal...@gmail.com>
Subject Updating VARCHAR with NULL
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:29:02 GMT
I was hoping that someone here may have also run into this. My web
application was running on on MySQL with no issues. I am porting it over to
now run on Derby and am running into some issues inserting NULL values into
simple VARCHAR fields.

I'm running iBatis 2.1.6 and when I try an update statement to my table I am
getting the following SQL Exception:
An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'VARCHAR' from a data value
of type '0'.

The fields I am updating allows NULL values and is declared simply as a
VARCHAR(20).

The version of Derby I'm using is 10.1.1

The reason that I'm asking on this list is since I don't have control of the
underlying set functions for setting my PreparedStatement/Statement values
maybe there was something I needed to tweak to get iBatis running with
Derby.

Thanks for any help.