db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "conglomerate does not exist" error
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:17:19 GMT
On 11/10/05, Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunithaghm@gmail.com> wrote:

> For using the jdbc:derby:classpath , you need to ensure that the jar
> that contains your database is in your classpath. Is it possible that
> when you restart the web server - that is when the 'jar that has the
> database' is being picked up by the web server and derby is able to use
> it ?

the database is not in a jar, but rather a directory (I want to be
able to write to it) which lives in WEB-INF/classes, and thus is
automatically in the classpath of the web app.
And as I wrote, when ij runs/was run, I somehow can use the database.
So I figured, it has something to do with the initialization of the
database files ?

Tom