db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "conglomerate does not exist" error
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 22:15:07 GMT
On 11/9/05, Mike Matrigali <mikem_app@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> In the directory where your database directory is there should
> be a file called derby.log and in it will have the part of the
> stack I am looking for.
>
> Since it works in ij - it seems like the db is good - which was the
> problem I was going to look at. It seems like there must be some set up
> issue with your web server, hopefully someone with more experience in
> that area can help out.

Ah, yes, I found it, it landed in the eclipse root folder (I start
Tomcat from within Eclipse), but contains nothing interesting:

2005-11-09 22:13:43.008 GMT:
 Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby -
10.1.1.0 - (208786): instance c013800d-0107-7717-4a97-0000001ed0d0
on database directory classpath:/derbydb

Database Class Loader started - derby.database.classpath=''

Restarting the webserver without ij running, consistently generates
the "conglomerate" error. I also checked that it has nothing to do
with Eclipse, and started tomcat via the startup script, and I get the
same error.
So somehow, ij 'fixes' the Derby instance so that I can use it
afterwards, which is IMO quite strange.

Tom